I came up against a really baffling problem the other day. I was tasked with adding a Wiki for VideoSift. Rather than just dumping MediaWiki onto the primary VideoSift web server, we wanted to keep it self-contained for security and load reasons, so we installed into one of our other back-end servers which was being used as a MySQL Slave and not hosting any web content. To start with I just did a quick, basic install of Apache2 and PHP5 (I would prefer and attempted to use Nginx with PHP5-FPM, but MediaWiki complains about implementation bugs in the packaged versions available to me and I don’t want to recompile from source).
Archive for February, 2011
Just thought I’d share this in case anyone comes googling, as I could not find a satisfactory search result, but was fortunate that it was obvious enough that I realized the issue.
I had a page that has had a FB “like” button forever with this code:
<script src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"></script> <fb:like layout="button_count" show_faces="true" width="80" font="verdana"></fb:like>
I just finished using a bit of the new Facebook API to add some Facebook Connect functionality Read the rest of this entry »